justjan

justjan

The Advocate's Felony (Volume 6) - Teresa Burrell
I'm not going to give you a brief overview of the book because that has already been provided for you and to be perfectly honest there is so much to love about it that I'm afraid my summary would turn into a huge spoiler.
Another hit. I love this series of books! You don't have to have read the other books in the series to become absorbed it the book but if you haven't read them what are you waiting for? They all have the perfect amount of mystery to keep you on the edge of your seat, enough humor to make you giggle and enough romance to keep you believing that romance does exist. The language is clean and there are no over the top sex scenes. I would be comfortable giving a copy to my 90 year old grandmother or to my 12 year old niece.

Teresa creates characters that are so believable I think of them as friends. They are so real I find myself worrying about them while I'm waiting for the next book. I can see them in my mind's eye and I know who I would cast to play them. There are not many authors who have that skill.

I love the fact that some old characters come back and the I wonder how they are now questions are answered. Sabre does a little travelling in this book and I love her reactions to some of the places that she visits.

There are real life issues in each book and they are woven into the plot so cleverly that you don't feel like you are being preached to and still make you thankful for your own life. They inspire me to want to get involved and make a difference in a child's life.